NinjaTrader 8 updates and upgrades to the NinjaTrader 8 Platform can be smooth or can turn into a big headache and cause havoc to your computer. We all have been there, NinjaTrader 8 is working fine, then a new NinjaTrader 8 updates comes out, you upgrade to the next build and conflicts and headaches begin. So you uninstall NinjaTrader 8, remove all your workspaces and indicators and start over. Re-install NinjaTrader 8, and your ninjatrader indicators and strategies, build new workspaces and spend a lot of time with the update. I usually wait a week after a new update has come out to install it, and will do it in the afternoon after I am done trading. Contacting NinjaTrader support they are always there to help you and provide good insight into the problem. And they will basically tell you to uninstall all your NinjaTrader 8 and NinjaTrader 7 indicators and the NinjaTrader Platform. To find help there visit this link for the NinjaTrader Support Forum.
But that is really not necessary as I have learned from our software programmers. Here is what you need to do before you update a new build in NinjaTrader.
- Delete any workspaces that have strategies in them
- As the strategy must be reconfigured for the new build
- So remove the strategies from the charts and delete the charts, workspace.
- Then restart the computer.
- Download the new update for NinjaTrader
- Open up a new chart and add your strategies to them, indicators.
- Save the workspace and you’re ready to start trading
- This will save you hours of time
NinjaTrader 8 is a Memory Hog, Minimum PC Requirements
- Your PC must meet the minimum requirements listed below to run NinjaTrader 8
- Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows Server 2008 w/ Platform Update, Windows Server 2008 R2 or later
- 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit or 64-bit processor
- 2GB RAM (use at least 4GB or you will experience crashes)
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5
- (pre-installed on most PC’s and can be downloaded here: Microsoft .NET Framework)
- Screen resolution of 1024 x 768
- DirectX10 compatible graphics card highly recommended
- So if you have computer more than 3 years old time to get a new one.
NinjaTrader 8 Recommended PC Specifications
NinjaTrader 8 was designed to take full advantage of modern PC architecture. To achieve the highest possible level of performance, NinjaTrader 8 will utilize all available CPU cores and additional memory resources. Depending on your actual usage with NinjaTrader, you may need more or fewer resources than the average user. Additional memory will be of direct benefit when running strategy optimizations and the amount of additional memory needed is proportional to the number of CPU cores available. Having other programs open like Microsoft Word, Excel, Chrome or Firefox web browsers will also use up your memory, so close them while trading, or have the very minimum open.
- 2 (GHz) or faster quad core 64-bit processor
- 8 GB RAM (16 GB is better, more speed and power)
- DirectX 10 compatible graphics card
- SSD Hard Drive (Speeds up your PC and programs runs quicker)
Check out our recent posts, click here